The novel coronavirus (also known as COVID-19) is a global pandemic that has already claimed thousands of lives and caused upheaval for citizens of nearly all the world’s nations. During this time of crisis, it is imperative that we all exercise caution and follow guidelines to prevent the virus from spreading further.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
First, Church Alive/Viva Iglesia is working diligently to better educate audiences about the virus. This page contains important information about coronavirus, including how to protect yourself and your family and prevent it from spreading further.
Second, we are engaging with churches in communities that are particularly vulnerable to the financial challenges brought on by the pandemic. To these communities we are providing food and financial relief in the form of a FREE Prescription Discount Card called “Rxduced” that allows you to save up to 80% on prescription and prescribed over-the-counter medications. You can learn more about the card at rxduced.com
We are also looking into other avenues where we can be of service to the community. We recommend that you follow us on Facebook and Instagram to get future updates about our response to the COVID-19 crisis.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can easily spread from person to person. Symptoms can be moderate to very severe. Some patients have pneumonia in both lungs, multi-organ failure and in some cases, death. Older adults are particularly at risk.
HOW IT SPREADS
The virus is thought to spread mainly between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet) through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. It also may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes.
The virus can live on non-porous surfaces like metal, plastic, or porcelain for several days. You can have the virus and spread it before any symptoms arise.
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF
People can help protect themselves from respiratory illness with everyday preventive actions.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
Patients with COVID-19 have had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of
- cough (usually a dry, hacking cough)
- shortness of breath
IF YOU GET SICK
- to keep from spreading respiratory illness, you should stay home, away from others.
- Call your doctor or a medical professional and discuss your symptoms.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
BE SAFE. BE WELL.
Please share this information with people you know.